Saturday, May 02, 2015

Being a "Friend of the World" Means Being an "Enemy of God" *

[Sarcasm]

Oh hey, look at me be a spiritual slut
"Friend of the world", oh yes, I wanna be one!
And though I won't speak up or take a stand when it matters
One who warns with truth's an enemy, yeah

How cheap can I be? Let me see, let me see
I'll post my picture like I want you to do me
And I'll keep doing all this "in the name of God"
'Cause it's about me, it is all about me.

Hey hey, what are you doing, exposing my farce
My hypocrisy and my sell-out?
Can't you see I want to hijack, and name-drop God
To make myself seem SO special?!

Oh hey, Armageddon, oh well so what
So what if Jah's rage is all upon us
Let's "push aside the righteous one with empty arguments" **
'Cause it's about me - let's hug and drink and play.

'Like' me!!

* James 4:4
** Isaiah 29:21

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home