Wednesday, January 25, 2017

The Crumbles in a Bag Were a Beautiful Thing

I got to be in Germany in 1986
Really glad for chocolate,
And vegetarian sausage.
But among the neighborhoods
Of flower basket walls
Tanks of threat, of war and death
Cast a pall over it all.

Down the streets they rolled
Darkening more the Forest
Taking away a beautiful day
Making a trail of unrest.

I walked down streets of Tubingen and Stuttgart....
Found a fountain so refreshing
Was amused by folks in studded black leather 
A break from thoughts of oppression

Saw a building, where housed within
Was an oldest Bible book.
What a contrast, to the follies of men
I so wanted to take a look...

It was a great vacation, 
It made great memories
But time kept rolling by,
Many changes came, you see...

I went back there by myself,
In the year 2005.
To go to a concert, can you believe it,
But it was a trip of my life.

For crying out loud, to laugh,
I was to take a U2 station-train,
And though I was kicked-off,
For "mis-stamping" my ticket,
I made it to Olympia Stadium.

Before I left that station though,
I found a great souvenir!
A postcard to send to a loved one,
A great relic from here:

CRUMBLES FROM THE BERLIN WALL 
Little bits in a plastic bag
With a picture showing its graffiti
And people making it go away.

What an instant change that was - 
So different from before
And it seemed PRO-FREEDOM,
More like how things should be - 

A WORLD WITHOUT MAN-MADE BORDERS.

There are those who are self-centric
And think that "great" is selfish
That "strength" means killer guns,
And who forget that we're all humans;
Who put "trust" in mere laws of men
Turn their backs on corruption
Would destroy the innocent
Yet lick their lips and say, "I have not sinned."

Walls, walls, up and down
From Pharaohs', Jericho's, to the border towns'
But the "wall" between eternal life or death
Is the invisible "wall" that most forget:

Jehovah's side -OR- Satan's side
God's  -OR- Gog and Magog's
Man's walls can crumble, in a moment
But so can come Armageddon.

(You say you look forward to where streets have no names - 
But God's new world WILL BE BORDERLESS,
The world as one again -

SOON.)










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home